Although it is very common to associate acne with teenagers, not everyone is spared. We talk to our friends and family about everything we know and the remedies we put in place. But the question is, do they work for you 100%? You may not be sufficiently informed or aware of what poor skin care can lead to. That’s why we’re going to make it clear what guidelines to follow so that we can put solutions to the unwanted pimples.
Main causes of acne
If you are a teenager, it is very likely that you will suffer from acne, although it also occurs in adult life. Acne is so common that it is considered a normal part of puberty. But just knowing this information doesn’t help much when you look in the mirror and discover that you have a huge pimple on your face. In fact, some people are lucky enough to make it past that age and not see a single pimple on their face. Privileged are called.
Unlike juvenile acne, which is characterized by the appearance of numerous small pimples, in adults few pimples appear but they can cause deep hollows and scars on the skin.
But before we talk about the causes of what occurs, do we know what acne is? Acne is a disease that involves an inflammation of the skin’s sebaceous glands. It affects both men and women.
In adults, acne can be caused by different things. One of them may be that the oil generated by the sebaceous glands blocks the pores of the skin, facilitating the nesting and development of bacteria. These cause an infection and an inflammatory process that results in the formation of fatty deposits. A hormonal disturbance can also occur. In men by an excess production of androgens. In women, by a usual imbalance during menstruation, pregnancy or menopause.
Stress can be another cause of this type of acne, since it increases the secretion of cortisol. But in addition to all this, acne can be a symptom associated with certain diseases.
Smoking also seems to be related to the appearance of acne in adults, either aggravating existing acne or acting as a trigger.
Types of acne
Now that we know what acne is and why it occurs, let’s get to know the different types that exist. The first step in treating acne correctly is to correctly diagnose what type of acne it is.
Acne is classified into two groups: inflammatory and non-inflammatory.
Within each of these groups we find:
- Whiteheads. These are a type of non-inflammatory acne that occurs when the pores in the hair follicles become blocked.
- Blackheads. When whiteheads come in contact with the outside air, they oxidize and turn black.
- papules. These are small, red, tender bumps. They can measure up to 1 cm in diameter. When infected by bacteria, they can form pimples.
- Pustules. These are infected papules with pus on their tips. They can appear on the skin as red, swollen bumps and white or yellow tips.
- Nodules. When bacteria enter the clogged pores of the pimples, the pores become infected. To contain the infection, the skin is swollen from the inside and the nodules appear on the outside.
- Cystic lesions. These are red, painful, pus-filled bumps under the surface of the skin.
Recommendations for skin care
The skin must be cared for both inside and out. A good diet and a healthy lifestyle are essential for our skin to look radiant. But sometimes that’s not enough. That’s when you have to know how to choose the products that best suit your skin type.
Here are a few so you can start forgetting about the blemishes:
- Ducray Keracnyl Acne Cleansing Gel. It is a gel to leave the skin purified and smooth. It is indicated for people who have a skin with tendency to acne, in which pimples, blackheads and blackheads appear. Its Myrtacine complex and sabal serrulata extract cleanse the skin without attacking it, regulating and reducing excess oil on the skin and promoting the elimination of impurities.
- Avène TriAcneal Expert. Offers a skin care against persistent blemishes and residual marks. Suitable for acne-prone skin. Reduces redness and promotes the removal of pimples.
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Phototherapy Anti-acne. It is a treatment that acts in a localized way in the outbreaks of acne by means of red and blue lights, filtering in the skin and fighting the bacteria that cause the appearance of acne.
- Sesderma Salises Anti-acne Pack. And finally, a complete treatment. Complete treatment for oily and acne-prone skin. It incorporates 5 steps for 5 actions: deep cleansing by unclogging pores. Exfoliation, renews the skin preventing acne lesions. Anti-acne moisturizing gel for day and night. Daily hydration that controls excess sebum.
With all this I just hope you stop panicking when you wake up and the first thing you see on your face is a huge pimple. Take care of your skin daily and with the right products and you will be able to leave acne behind much sooner than you think.